A new year has officially begun, meaning it’s also time to detoxify after the holidays and their parade of goodies. Think about everything you’ve put into your body the past few months. From carbs to desserts, even alcoholic drinks, you could most likely benefit from a good cleanse.
When it comes to cleansing or detoxing, a variety of options are available, such as juicing. However, depending on your specific needs and goals, it’s important to find the best method for you.
5 Ways to Detoxify after the Holidays
The holidays have come and gone. So, are you ready to get clean? Consider these tips to assist you in looking better, and feeling better.
- Drink lots of water: Water is a great way to flush out unwanted toxins. Furthermore, water can also prevent you from eating. In fact, hunger pains may not be hunger pains at all, but just your body alerting you that it’s thirsty. It’s recommended to drink water throughout the day, as well as right before a meal, to prevent you from choosing unhealthy foods. Water is a great source to keep your skin looking flawless, meaning water can have you feeling and looking better. Need a bit of flavor? Add lemon or lime.
- Feed your body: After over-indulging throughout the holidays, you may be tempted to starve yourself, or hardly eat. However, it’s still important to feed and fuel your body, but with smart and healthy choices. For example, try consuming plant-based meals (i.e. green foods) as often as possible. Stick with fruits and vegetables to get your body back on track.
- Rest your digestive system – No one wants to starve themselves. Where’s the fun in that? Not to mention, you may be even more tempted to chow on foods that aren’t good for you. However, you can try a version of fasting, in which you consume your last meal at 7 p.m., and then don’t eat again until lunch the next day. When you wake up in the morning, try just having a cup of coffee. This process will give your digestive system a chance to rest and regroup after working overtime throughout the holidays.
- Sweat it out: Exercise is important. If you really want your body to detox, then consider sweating out unwanted toxins. Running or any type of cardio is a great way to accomplish this task. However, yoga is highly recommended, too. Yoga will not only rid your body of toxins, but allow you to regroup, relax, and gain back all of the energy you lost throughout the season. SImply put, yoga has the ability to reconnect you to your body.
- Cryotherapy: Whole body Cryotherapy is a new and popular technique used to help you take care of your body. The process in which you literally freeze your body into shape will boost your metabolism, and give you a jolt of energy. Furthermore, cryotherapy will help with the circulation of your blood flow, delivering oxygen and nutrients and powerfully flushing out toxins.
If you’re serious about detoxing after the holidays, then remember the most important tip: Start today! The longer you wait to get healthy, the harder it will become. No more excuses! From cryotherapy that reboots your entire system to water, your safe options are plenty. The holidays are over, and it’s time to detoxify!
Book a Session now with Cryotherapy Wholebody